Discover Central California’s National Parks
Penned by accessible travel expert Candy B. Harrington, this access guide includes detailed information about accessible trails, historic sites, lodging options, tours, attractions and scenic drives in Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. This handy resource features:
- Information on accessible trails, boardwalks, viewpoints, museums and picnic areas in the parks and the gateway cities.
- Fly-drive resources, including the location of nearby airports, and the availability of accessible shuttles, public transportation and van rentals.
- Detailed descriptions and photographs of 33 accessible lodging options in and near the parks.
- Barrier-free camping choices, including campsites with raised tent platforms.
- Availability of local adaptive sports programs.
- Information on accessible bus tours, ranger programs, wheelchair and handcycle rentals and visitor services in the parks.
- The latest information on lodging access upgrades in and near the parks.
This guidebook includes detailed access information that will help wheelchair-users and slow walkers find an accessible room and build a barrier-free itinerary in Central California’s national parks. Barrier-Free Travel; Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks for Wheelers and Slow Walkers is a great resource for seniors, parents with stroller-aged children, Baby Boomers, folks who just like to take things a littler slower, and anybody who uses a cane, walker, wheelchair or scooter.
A must have resource for a visit to to Yomemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon!